Complete your investment in nature and remember to make a report after each hunting or fishing trip. The information on hunted animals and caught fish is used to plan hunting and fishing in the future. The goal is improved management and sustainable use of fish and game stocks. Catch report directly benefits the people submitting the report as it allows Metsähallitus to better allocate fish plantings, for example. It is also important to submit a catch report even if you did not catch anything.
The submitted information is handled using monitoring and planning systems for game and fisheries management. Reports submitted by fishers and hunters allows us to scale fishing and hunting activities to ecologically and socially sustainable levels.
Tuikki Fishing Log
Tuikki Fishing log is unfortunately available only in Finnish.
The Tuikki fishing log allows fishers to upload a wide variety of fishing-related data, including catches, specific fishing locations, best lures and traps, weather conditions on the day, fishing stories and photos. Fishers also have the option to share their catch logs with their fishing buddies or to keep them private.
You should submit catch reports or become a Tuikki user for the following reasons:
- By submitting a catch report you are participating in the management of your favourite fishing waters.
- Catch report allows Metsähallitus to correctly plan the use of the fishing waters and determine the best way to conduct restorative efforts, such as fish plantings.
- Catch reports give Metsähallitus area-specific information on catches, catching methods and catching times. The summary reports drawn from the data are available at www.tuikki.fi (unfortunately only in Finnish).
- You can also submit catch reports anonymously and individual reports will remain private if you so choose.
Reports submitted by hunters allows us to scale the sale of hunting permits to ecologically and socially sustainable levels. The planning and monitoring system makes use of catch reports submitted by hunters and the stock estimates made by the Natural Resources Institute Finland. Hunting activities are planned on a permit area basis and local conditions are also taken into account in the planning work.
Catch report related to small game hunting permits can be submitted already on the first hunting day, and you can add new entries throughout the permit period. Report form is optimized for mobile devices, so you can report your catch wherever you are. The form closes two weeks after the permit period ends.
Each small game hunting permit has its own report link. This means you don't have to separately log in to the reporting system, but you can access your personal report form via this link.
You can access the permit-specific report form via
- Your customer account in Eräluvat webshop
- Oma riista web service (oma.riista.fi, in Finnish and Swedish)
- Emails reminding you to leave your catch report
- Page saalispalaute.eraluvat.fi by providing the numbers of your permit area and your hunting permit
Catch report related to seasonal permits for grouse hunting can be submitted either in Oma riista webservice or in saalispalaute.eraluvat.fi by providing the numbers of your permit area and the permit decision.
We recommend using Chrome as a browser. Please note that Samsung phoes have their own browsers called Internet, which are not supported.
Customers using Oma riista should notice that catch report related to hunting permits purchased from Metsähallitus should be submitted to Metsähallitus' reporting system, not only in Oma riista. The report link is provided in Oma riista adjacent to your permit information.