Wildlife Service Finland aims to guarantee the accessibility of the Eräluvat.fi website and Eräluvat (Wilderness permits) webshop in accordance with the requirements of Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019 (finlex.fi).
This accessibility statement applies to the website www.eraluvat.fi, which was published in 2013, and the website www.verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi, which was published in 2015.
Online service accessibility status
The Eräluvat.fi website and the Eräluvat webshop partly meet the requirements of the online content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) level 2.1 AA: The Eräluvat.fi website meets these requirements with the exception of a few deficiencies. There are more shortcomings in the Eräluvat webshop, which is why we recommend screen reader and keyboard users to use telephone services instead of the webshop. The Eräluvat service number is +358 20 69 2424 (weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., price 0.00 €/ minute + local network rate / mobile charge).
We are currently renewing the entire Eräluvat online service for both the Eräluvat.fi website and the Eräluvat webshop, which is a key reason why these services only partially meet the accessibility requirements.
Non-compliance with the accessibility requirements and exceptions to the requirements are explained below.
Inaccessible content of the Eräluvat.fi website
The website does not entirely comply with the accessibility requirements in the following regards:
Accessibility of attachments
The following attachments on the Eräluvat.fi website are not yet fully accessible:
- - Quota decisions
- - Project materials, such as final reports
- - Wilderness supervision reports for 2018 and 2019
- - Guidebooks for Wildlife Tutors and other wildlife education materials
- - Gift cards.
We are working through the files and doing our best to ensure that the website’s attachments comply with the accessibility requirements. We kindly request that you send us accessibility feedback or a request if the file you wish to access is not available in an accessible format for you.
(Accessibility criteria 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 of the WCAG guidelines)
Missing alternative text in images
Some of the images on the website are missing alternative text (i.e. alt text). We will add the text alternatives as soon as possible. (WCAG 1.1.1)
Freshdesk feedback window
The Freshdesk feedback window does not work with the screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.2, 3.2.2, 4.1.3, 3.3.1 and 3.3.2)
The Freshdesk feedback window is not the only way to give feedback, but you can also provide feedback at www.eraluvat.fi/feedback.
CONTENT NOT REPAIRED DUE TO UNREASONABLE EFFORTS
We are publishing a new Eräluvat online service. We have therefore omitted to correct content that would require too much resources in relation to that the online service's life cycle is coming to an end.
The following contents will be made available in the new Eräluvat online service:
Image galleries can be found on the following pages:
- - Permit area pages
- - Palosaari Wildlife Estates labelled estate
- - Hoikanlampi local fishing destination.
The text alternatives for images in the image galleries are not read by the screen reader. On permit area pages, the screen reader overrides the entire image gallery.
(Accessibility criterion 1.1.1 of the WCAG guidelines)
The Magazine Archives page contains cover photos of magazines that serve as links. However, it will not appear to anyone who is not using the screen reader until you move the mouse over the image. The image link also does not indicate that a PDF file or another website opens by clicking on the link. (WCAG 2.4.4)
The magazines for 2020 and 2021 will open on the Lukusali.fi website and cannot be read using the screen reader. The 2019 magazines can be read using the screen reader, but not all contents can be read in the correct order. (WCAG 1.3.1 and 1.3.2)
The Eräluvat.fi website contains news that is not fully accessible. There are shortcomings in such areas as heading levels, link texts and text alternatives. (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1 and 2.4.4)
From 23 September 2020, all news published on the Eräluvat.fi website will be accessible.
CONTENT NOT WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE LEGISLATION
The website has maps that were not developed to be accessible because the applicable law (Act on Providing Digital Services 306/2019) does not cover map services.
Files published before 23 September 2018
Before 23 August 2018, the following files have been published on the Eräluvat.fi website:
- - Tuikki and Kieppi magazine issues for 2012–2018
- - Kostonjärvi fishway brochure
- - Saving our joint treasure: sustainable trout fisheries for the transborder Oulanka River system (Oulangan taimen) project materials
- - Some of the materials of the Esteet pois (No more migratory barriers in water-crossing structures) project
- - Wilderness supervision reports for 2011–2017
- - Important seal hunting and fishing areas in the Gulf of Finland publication.
Video recordings published before 23 September 2020
Video recordings published before 23 September 2020 are available on the hunting pages, the wilderness history sites pages as well as the permit area pages of the Eräluvat.fi website.
Content published by third parties
Content published by third parties that is not produced by Wildlife Service Finland has been linked to the Eräluvat.fi website.
Inaccessible content of the Eräluvat webshop
The Eräluvat webshop does not entirely comply with the accessibility requirements in the following regards:
Headings subordinate to each other are presented on the same header level, and some headings are presented only in bold text and not at all in HTML header styles. These shortcomings make it more difficult to understand the structure of the pages and the relationships between the data. (WCAG 1.3.1)
We will fix the headings that we can fix manually.
CONTENT NOT REPAIRED DUE TO UNREASONABLE EFFORTS
We are publishing a new Eräluvat online service. We have therefore omitted to correct content that would require too much resources in relation to that the current webshop is coming to the end of its life cycle. These contents include:
Headings subordinate to each other are presented on the same header level, and some headings are presented only in bold text and not at all in HTML header styles. (WCAG 1.3.1)
Some headings are such that we cannot manually correct. These headings will be corrected in the new Eräluvat web service.
Invalid fields in forms
Invalid fields in a form are often marked with a red frame only. (WCAG 3.3.1)
Information on the availability of the permit
The screen reader user does not receive information on the availability of the permit. (WCAG 1.4.1)
Using the webshop with a screen reader and keyboard only
The Eräluvat webshop has the following shortcomings in using the screen reader and keyboard only:
- - There are shortcomings in the alternative text for the visual elements, which means that the screen reader user does not receive any information about them. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- - The screen reader cannot select options from the drop-down menu. The screen reader user may be stuck on the forms and cannot purchase the desired permit. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- - Some menus are marked as links, and thus the screen reader user will not know that they are menus. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- - When the user opens the menu, down-navigation links are added to the navigation. These links are visually clearly lower in the hierarchy than other links, but this hierarchy is not passed to the screen reader user. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- - Not all elements can be navigated using the keyboard only. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- - The user may get stuck in the element. (WCAG 2.1.2)
- - The service does not notify the screen reader user that the time limit for booking products is running out or has expired. (WCAG 2.2.1)
- - When navigating using the keyboard, the order of the elements is not always consistent with the visual representation. (WCAG 2.4.3)
- - The visible alignment of the keyboard is missing from the green and black buttons, such as the "Continue Shopping" and the "Next Step" buttons. (WCAG 2.4.7 and 1.4.3)
- -The context of the number element in connection with the one year permit of the fisheries management fee is not clear for the screen reader user. (WCAG 4.1.2)
- - When the user is referred to the Suomi.fi service for strong identification, a box on the screen will be shown to them indicating that the transfer will take place within ten seconds. This information is not presented to the screen reader user. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- - Form error messages and feedback appear last in the browsing order, and their contents are not automatically available to the screen reader. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- - The end of the booking period for the product is not notified to the screen reader. (WCAG 2.2.1)
You cannot buy products from the webshop using a screen reader and it can be difficult using a keyboard. However, products can also be purchased from the Eräluvat telephone service, the number of which is +358 20 69 2424. The telephone service is available on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost of the call is EUR 0.00 per minute, in addition to which the customer pays a local network charge or a mobile charge. Attachments sent by e-mail after a purchase transaction are not always fully accessible. The telephone service also provides help in these situations.
CONTENT NOT WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE LEGISLATION
The Eräluvat webshop has maps that were not developed to be accessible because the applicable law (Act on Providing Digital Services 306/2019) does not cover map services.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was drawn up on 22 September 2020. The statement is based on an accessibility assessment carried out by an external expert.
The statement was last revised on 18 May 2021.
Accessibility feedback and contact details
You can provide accessibility feedback by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com. Wildlife Service Finland is responsible for accessibility and processing of feedback.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for or access the service because of unavailable content, we will serve you in an alternative way. In these cases, you can contact the above address or our telephone service at +358 20 69 2424. The telephone service is available on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost of the call is EUR 0.00 per minute, in addition to which the customer pays a local network charge or a mobile charge.
If you notice accessibility issues on the site, please provide feedback to us in our capacity as the site administrator. It may take up to 14 days for us to respond. If you are not satisfied with the reply you have received or you do not receive any reply within two weeks, you can file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland (saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi, available in Finnish and Swedish). The agency’s website provides clear instructions concerning how to file a complaint and how the matter will be handled.
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Supervisory Unit for Accessibility
Tel. (switchboard) +358 295 016 000