The middle course of River Iijoki 5573
This permit covers the running and quiet waters and rapids of the middle section of the Iijoki River from
Koivukoski to the Ervasti Bridge. The total length of the permit area is 53.5 km. The most common catches in
the area are sizable grayling and trout. The most common catch in the quiet sections is pike. The rapids in
the middle section of Iijoki are great for fly fishing for grayling, for example. There are several lean-to shelters
and campfire sites in the area and anglers may also catch a breather at the Räpättävänkoski hut. The river's
fish stock is managed with fry plantings of trout and grayling.
The waters between Jurmu and Ervasti owned by Metsähallitus and the Jurmu II, Lassiniemi, Jurmu IV,
Kellolampi, Pintamo, and Korentojärvi joint ownership associations. Total length: 53.5 km.
At Jurmukoski rapids there is a 650 metres long private water area on the western bank that extends halfway
across the river that is not a part of the permit area.
The middle course of River Iijoki
Purchasing a permit
- €10 / day
- €25 / week
- €50 / season
All persons under 18 years of age receive a 50% discount on the permits and persons under 15 years of age are allowed to share the same fishing quota, with permission from their parent or legal guardian. The family
permit costs twice as much and its fishing quota is twice as large.
Where can you purchase A permit?
You can pay licences using the most common payment methods in the online store (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi).
Metsähallitus' fishing licences may also be purchased by phone. The service is open on
weekdays from 9 AM to 4 PM.
As of 1 January 2020, mobile permits are no longer available. This is due to mobile network operator’s decision not to provide the current service anymore.
- Several remaining
- Less than 5 left
- Out of stock
Permit terms for the areaFishing period: 1.6.–31.10. Trout fishing is prohibited between 1.9.–31.10.
- Once you have finished fishing, you must submit a catch report at www.tuikki.fi. All caught and released fish must also be reported.
- Atlantic salmon must be released back into the water!
- Lures allowed at Iijoki: lure and fly.
- Protected areas:
- Lapinkoski-Honkakoski, about 300 m
- Tipparinne, about 600 m
- Räpättävä,about 550 m
- The use of a boat or canoe for fishing is permitted. The use of an outboard motor is only permitted in the quiet sections of the river.
- In order to fish in the Iijoki river, you need this specific permit. The right to fish in Iijoki is not included in the Metsähallitus Northern Ostrobothnia and Kainuu (5411) angling permit, the national fisheries management fee or everyman's fishing rights (the rights to hook and line fishing and ice fishing).
- By decision of the Kainuu ELY Centre, hook and line fishing, ice fishing and lure fishing are prohibited in the calm waters of the middle section of the Iijoki river between 1.11. and 31.5, except the Jurmu II.
Catch quotas and catch reports
|Day permit||2 trout / day, 5 grayling / day|
|week permit||2 trout / day, 5 grayling / day|
|Season permit||2 trout / day, 5 grayling / day|
|Salmonids||Trout, salmon, landlocked salmon, rainbow trout, char, grayling|
Catch sizes and protection periods
The following catch sizes and protection periods for fish species are in effect for this permit area:
|Fish species||Catch Size||Protection period|
|Salmon||All sizes of fish must be released||Completely protected|
|Trout with adipose fin||At least 60 cm||1.9.–30.11.|
|Trout without adipose fin||At least 50 cm||1.9.–30.11.|
|Grayling||At least 35 cm||1.4.–31.5.*|
*During the protection period of grayling fishing is not allowed in the permit area.
Fishers must observe the catch sizes and protection periods mandated in the Fishing Decree for other fish species.
Fry stocking of trout and grayling.