Three ponds with the same permit! A recreational fishing area in northern Central Finland, near the Salamajärvi national park, where rainbow trout and whitefish can be fished. Especially Heikinlampi has plenty of throwing space, where even the smallest fishers can easily practice the art of fishing. There are different accommodation and other services available nearby at the Koirasalmi Nature Information Hut.
New combination permit available
There is a new day permit available for the area, a Koirajärvi-Heikinlampi combination permit, which allows fishing on both Heikinlampi and the Koirajärvi 6566 permit area. The combination permit does not allow fishing at the other waters of the Kaunislampi 6567 permit area. Please familiarise yourself with the map of the permit area.
Purchasing a permit
- €12 / 3 h
- €18 / day
- €90 / week (mobile permit not available)
- Koirajärvi-Heikinlampi combination permit € 25 / day (mobile permit not available)
All persons under 18 years of age receive a 50 % discount on the permits. Persons under 15 years of age are allowed to share the same fishing quota, with the permission of their parent or legal guardian. For fishers under 15 years of age who intend to fish alone, a one week's fishing permit is available free of charge at the Eräluvat online store.
A family permit is also available for this destination. In this context, a family consists of children under 18 years of age and their parents/legal guardians. Married couples and couples in a civil union may also purchase family permits. The family permit costs twice as much and its fishing quota is twice as large.
Where to purchase A permit
You can pay licences using the most common payment methods in the online store (verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi).
Metsähallitus' fishing permits may also be purchased by phone. The service is open on
weekdays from 9 AM to 4 PM.
With the Eräluvat app, you can purchase angling permits easily and quickly. You can pay with a debit or credit card. Read the instructions for using the app.
As of 1 January 2020, mobile permits are no longer available. This is due to mobile network operator’s decision not to provide the current service anymore.
Koirasalmi Nature Information Hut: Luonnollisesti M&M
Möttönen: A&P Taipale Oy
Permit terms for the areaCalendar year. Fishing at Heikinlampi is not allowed between 10/06 00:00 and 12/06 15:00 (Angling Day 2021).
- The permit allows lure fishing (lure, fly, jig), angling, and ice fishing.
- The Kaunislampi 6567 angling permit is required for all fishing. It is allowed to fish at Heikinlampi with the Koirajärvi-Heikinlampi combination permit. General fishing rights (angling, ice fishing, lure fishing with the fisheries management fee) are denied with the decision of the North Savo ELY Centre (2198/5710-2015) for the purpose of securing the economic use of the fish stocks.
- The use of all types of artificial lures (lure, fly, jigg) is permitted. The use of natural baits (grubs, shrimp, bait paste, etc.) is also permitted.
- Fishers are allowed to use two fishing rods and lines, of which the other can be a so-called ootto fishing rod, when fishing on ice. During open water season, fishers can use one fishing rod or line that is either in hand or nearby (max. 2 metres away). Leaving the rod alone for fishing is forbidden.
- Scuba fishing and harpoon fishing are prohibited.
- The use of a boat or flotation device is prohibited.
- Please note! If you are fishing on ice with both an active rod (ice fishing) and with an ootto rod, the fisheries management fee must be paid. The fisheries management fee is required in open water season when fishing with throwing fishing tackle. The fisheries management fee is required from fishers between the ages of 18 and 64.
Catch quotas and catch reports
|3 hour permit||1 salmonid|
|Day permit||3 salmonids|
|Koirajärvi-Heikinlampi combination permit (day permit) *)||3 salmonids|
|Week permit||2 salmonids / day|
*) Three salmonids in total are allowed as catch from Koirajärvi and Heikinlampi.
Catch quota does not apply to whitefish.
Once you have finished fishing, you must submit a catch report at www.tuikki.fi. All caught and released fish must also be reported.
A fisher can catch the number of salmonids set in each permit type. Regardless of the combination of permit types, the daily maximum amount is three salmonids per day.
Catch sizes and protection periods
Fishers must observe the catch sizes and protection periods mandated in the Fishing Decree.
Services in the area
The permit area is situated near the Salamajärvi National Park in the vicinity of Lake Koirajärvi. There is a network of trails with duckboards in the area as well as numerous campfire sites with lean-to shelters.
The Koirasalmi Nature Information Hut also offers lodging and food services and more. For more information, visit www.koirasalmi.fi.
There are also the Ahvenlampi and Kaunislampi rental cabins.
Catch-sized rainbow trout is stocked into the waters every 2-3 weeks between May and September. During the winter season plantings are conducted once or twice in the Ponds Heikinlampi and Kaunislampi.